Questions to ask when choosing an implant dentist:
1) Has the dentist placed and restored thousands of dental implants with the highest success rate possible?
Dr. Howard has performed thousands of implant procedures since 1988 with a success rate of around 98%.
2) Does the dentist utilize an in-office CT scan machine for all implant cases?
Dr. Howard was one of the first surgical and restorative dentists to install a low-radiation, all-digital, cone-beam CT scanner in his office. This procedure allows for the utmost safety and precision with implant surgery.
3) Does the office have a dedicated surgical suite for placing dental implants?
The Center for Advanced Dentistry has a surgical operatory specifically designed for implant surgery and patient comfort.
4) Is the dentist certified to provide conscious sedation and sleep dentistry?
Dr. Howard is certified by the State of Colorado to provide both IV and oral sedation for optimal patient comfort. He is also trained and certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and BLS.
5) Does the dentist have qualifications and training specific to implant dentistry?
Dr. Howard is a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and a member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. These are two of the most prestigious dental implant organizations in the world. He is also a graduate and fellow of the Misch International Implant Institute.
6) Does the dentist surgically place and restore dental implants?
Dr. Howard performs all phases of implant dentistry, and all procedures, including bone grafting, are done here in our state-of-the-art facilities at The Center for Advanced Dentistry.
7) Is the dentist actively involved in the advancement of implant dentistry?
Education and teaching other dentists about implant dentistry is one of Dr. Howard’s passions. He is currently involved in writing a book on dental implants for patients and consumers.
8) Does your dentist provide the latest techniques and advanced procedures for implant dentistry?
Dr. Howard is a leading provider of new technology such as CEREC® same-day crowns for implants, advanced bone regeneration using Infuse, bone morphogenic protein and Platelet-rich fibrin, and minimally invasive surgery.
9) Does the dentist provide all types of dental implant treatment?
Dr. Howard provides all proven dental implant options including Teeth in a Day, computer-guided, no-incision surgery, immediate implant placement, and mini-implants.